NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The RAPID #OrionIn3D Contest (“the Contest”) begins at 12 p.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 and ends at 12 a.m. EST on Monday, May 9, 2016.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open only to legal residents of one of the 50 United States and Canada (except residents of the province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as date of entry.
Employees of SME (“Sponsor”), its subsidiary and affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of such employees and individuals residing in the same household as such employees) associated with the development or administration of this contest are not eligible to win.
Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements of each entrant, including asking for birth date. Noncompliance to rules will result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to pause or end the contest at their sole discretion.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest, there will be a question posted on the RAPID Facebook Page timeline at https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverRAPID (“Facebook page”) and the RAPID Twitter Page https://twitter.com/rapid_event (“Twitter page”). The post will have two words included in the post copy to help you identify: #OrionIn3D and #contest will both be written in the post copy.
To enter, either:
- Post a comment from your Facebook profile in response to the post. Limit one (1) entry during contest period per person/Facebook user ID.
- Post a comment from your Twitter profile in response to the post. Limit one (1) entry during contest period per person/Twitter user ID.
- Email your response to email@example.com with #OrionIn3D Contest written in subject line and your full name, city/state or province within the body of the email. Limit one (1) entry per email address.
- Each email entry will receive a response within 48 hours acknowledging receipt of entry.
The Sponsor may promote the contest in several other communications channels, including LinkedIn and Google Plus; entries submitted on these channels will not be accepted.
Sponsor reserves right to email an entrant back asking for city/state or province information within the Contest period. Until Sponsor receives a response to the email within Contest period, including city/state or province, the entry will not be accepted.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Each entry must be submitted in English.
- Each entry must be relevant to the question posted on the Facebook or Twitter page.
- Each entry must be your sole property and not previously published elsewhere, or owned by a third-party.
5. WINNER: Check the RAPID Twitter page on Monday, May 9, 2016 at 12:15 p.m. EST to see the name of the winner.
If the winner had submitted their entry on the Facebook or Twitter page, they will receive a reply on Monday, May 9, 2016, letting them know they have won. If the winner had sent in their entry via email, they will receive an email on Monday, May 9, 2016, letting them know they have won.
To claim the prize, Winner must send their postal address via private message to the RAPID Facebook or Twitter page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winner has 7 business days to send their postal address. If address is not received within 7 business days, prize will be considered unclaimed.
Sponsor reserves the right to change the date announcing the winner and the date for any follow-up communications. These official rules will reflect any changes.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any Winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Winner for any reason.
6. PRIZE: Winner will receive a 3D printed replica of the Orion spacecraft.
Prize will be mailed to the Winner by July 31, 2016.
Decisions by SME representatives are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest.
7. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be selected at random by the Sponsor.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
9. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Entrants submitting an entry via email will be required to provide city/state or province in which they reside.
Winner will be required to provide a postal address to receive a prize in the mail.
10. DATA PRIVACY: All Contest entrants agree that their name will be used when announcing the Winner. Entrants agree that their email and postal address may be stored and used in the United States for purposes within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules.
Entrants further agree that the data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to check entrants’ eligibility in the contest.
11. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason or error of any kind, whether human, electronic or network.
Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple Facebook or Twitter profiles will be disqualified.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. By participating, you acknowledge a complete release of Facebook and Twitter.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook or Twitter.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn or Google Plus.
Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor’s image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo or mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an entry and may disqualify the entrant from further participation in the Contest.
By submitting an answer, you agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of any breach by you of these Official Rules.
If you believe that any content on this Site infringes your rights, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Sponsor: SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers), One SME Drive, Dearborn, MI 48128
Facebook Pages Terms: facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
Twitter Terms of Service: https://twitter.com/tos?lang=en
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
Become a RAPID + TCT 2017 speaker and influence the future of 3D technologies at one of the most respected additive manufacturing conferences in the world. RAPID + TCT will begin accepting speaker abstracts in July 2016.