INSTRUCTOR: Dave Moore, Linear AMS & DME
This workshop introduces participants to how additive manufacturing with metals is impacting the plastic injection molding industry. It gives an overview of the 3D metal printing process, how it works and its impact. The instructor will discuss terminology, provide real-world examples, and use case studies to help the participants better understand the significance that 3D metal printing is having on the plastics industry. Along with the learning objectives below, the participants will gain insight into how to apply this technology to improve part quality, reduce operating costs, and increase production capacity.
- Explain the current state of the plastic injection molding industry
- Review traditional manufacturing of plastic injection molds
- Educate on additive manufacturing in metals and terminology
- Demonstrate the benefits of using additive manufacturing in plastic injection molding
- Explore additive manufacturing’s impact on the plastic injection molding industry