For over 30 years, the RAPID + TCT Conference has brought together some of the most influential industry figures to share their expert knowledge on the latest in design-to-manufacturing innovation. Industrial users and cutting-edge consumers gathered around expert analysts, researchers, and executives to gain a deeper understanding of the role of 3D technologies in the design-to-manufacturing process chain.
The annual RAPID + TCT Conference will provide a thought-provoking platform for newcomers and experienced visitors alike, with an educational program that encompasses technological advancements, business-critical insights, cutting-edge applications, and new academic research. RAPID + TCT is now welcoming speaker submissions for the 2022 conference, which will take place on May 17 – 19, 2022 in Detroit, MI.
Call for speakers ends on January 28, 2022. Our internal review ends on February 16, 2022.
RAPID + TCT will be accepting abstracts that focus case studies, research findings, and technical analysis. Commercial and sales submissions will immediately be disqualified. The presentation format is 20 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A. Presentation levels include Novice, Intermediate, and Expert.
Prospective speakers are also welcome to submit proposals for their own panel sessions.
Presentation title, abstract (maximum 250 words), speaker biography (maximum 250 words) and a high-resolution headshot photograph can be submitted via the online submission site.
Submission Review Process
All abstract submissions are reviewed and vetted by RAPID + TCT Event Advisors, which is made up of the top technical experts representing the manufacturing industry, academic institutions, and government agencies. Their decision to accept or decline is final. Submissions considered commercial will automatically be declined.
Advantages of Speaking at RAPID + TCT: Exposure, Recognition, and Complimentary Benefits
- Exposure at a global event dedicated to AM and industrial 3D printing
- Opportunity to showcase and increase the visibility of ground-breaking projects, research, and solutions
- Establish yourself and your organization as thought leaders and experts in AM to an engaged audience of peers and prospects, with promotion of the presentation, speaker, and organization before, during, and after the show, online and through printed material
- Complimentary conference pass, including access to the recorded conference post-event
- Networking opportunities to meet fellow speakers and conference delegates, to drive relevant business conversations and build connections with the AM community
Present to a High-Level, Influential Audience in a Growth Industry
- 81% of attendees influence purchase decisions in their organizations
- 30% of attendees are business owners, corporate executives, or managers
- 41% of attendees have equipment budgets over $200,000
Source for all statistics: RAPID + TCT 2021 registration data
The conference team welcomes speakers with experience in all industries to explore the following three stages of the AM adoption curve:
Can you provide the right questions for businesses to ask when they’re first exploring AM? Can you help them decide if it’s right for them, which technologies they should consider, and how to access those technologies to best effect? Perhaps you have valuable experience in application discovery you could share?
Once an organization has bought into AM, they need to know how to put it to work. Can you help them identify and mitigate the hurdles that lie ahead? Do you know how best to access the technology for a variety of business cases?
Key to growing the market. Can you steer users to bigger, more complex and more mission critical use cases to extract maximum return on their investment? Do you have experience to share in running large or mature AM installations?
All presentation submissions will be assessed for their value to one of the identified groups of Evaluation, Adoption or Optimization. For example, tips for optimizing the technology will be targeted at existing users and advice on how to choose a machine to those about to take their first steps. The conference team also wants to see real examples of the technology being used throughout every presentation. A real driver of adoption is the discovery of applications. The more applications showcased in the program the more lightbulbs we switch on in the audience!
Technologies of Interest: Abstracts should address research, case studies and/or applications in any of the following areas:
- 3D imaging & scanning / CT scanning
- Additive manufacturing applications
- Additive manufacturing design considerations
- Applied academic research
- Business and economic considerations
- Direct write printed materials/electronics
- Expeditionary/distributed manufacturing
- Facilities & operations
- Hybrid systems applications
- Material development and characterization
- New & emerging additive manufacturing processes
- Part inspection and certification
- Post processing
- Process monitoring, control, and qualification
- Quality and standards
- Software modeling / Digital thread
- Security, artificial intelligence, intellectual property
Industries and Sub-Topics of Interest
Abstracts RAPID + TCT is accepting will be pertaining to the following industries and sub-topics:
- 3D Scanning & Metrology
- Construction / Architecture
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Power
- Other Transportation
All submissions will be reviewed by the RAPID + TCT Event Advisors, which is made up of the top technical experts representing the manufacturing industry, academic institutions, and government agencies. Our internal review ends on February 16, 2022.
Abstracts selected will contribute to a comprehensive overview of the various components within additive manufacturing and its application to specific industries. Commercial abstracts and sales pitches will immediately be disqualified. Due to the increasing number of submissions, not all qualified submissions can be accepted.
Abstracts will be selected based on:
- Technical content
- Research findings
- Industry relevance