The lineup of speakers is set for the 2022 edition of North America’s largest and most influential additive manufacturing event.
RAPID + TCT is back, celebrating more than three decades of inspiration, innovation and education as the AM community comes together at downtown Detroit’s Huntington Place May 17-19—representing a return to the event’s birthplace more than 30 years ago.
This year’s event will provide attendees with an immersive, informative and often enlightening experience, curating over 200 of the industry’s leading voices to deliver three keynote addresses, three thought-leadership panels and more than 20 technical panels.
To whet your appetite, here is a brief overview of the event’s Main Stage topics and speakers:
RAPID + TCT 2022 Main Stage Speakers | Day 1
Keynote | 8:30 AM
The “Glocal” Future of American Manufacturing
- The acceleration of digital transformation in industry and how additive manufacturing will play a key role in localizing manufacturing, increasing resiliency and inspiring a new generation of industry leaders.
President & CEO | Siemens USA
- Barbara Humpton is President and CEO of Siemens USA, where she guides the company’s strategy and engagement in serving the company’s largest market. Siemens USA employs approximately 40,000 people serving customers in all 50 states and Puerto Rico and generated $17 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2020. She views the true purpose of technology as expanding what’s humanly possible. She’s also passionate about diversity, STEM education and what she calls a work-life blend that honors her priorities both at Siemens and as a grandmother.
Thought Leadership Panel | 1:00 PM
Disrupting Design and Manufacturing in Aerospace and Defense
- Engineers are taught to design for reduced risk—they are comfortable designing for manufacturing processes with decades of proven success. AM is proving disruptive while displacing traditional manufacturing. Improving performance and durability, delivering in shorter timeframes, and obtaining complex geometries. Engineers are enabled to design for function. Join our respected and esteemed lineup for this thought-provoking discussion on application developments in Aerospace and Defense.
Executive Vice President, Business Development and Programs | NCMS
- In her role at The National Center for Manufacturing Sciences, Rebecca R. Taylor is responsible for business development, government relations and program execution. Taylor is excited about stepping into the unknown which is why she is in a leadership position at NCMS –where development of new and exciting manufacturing capabilities is done every day. She thrives leading teams into the next generation of technology development.
Dr. Melissa Orme
Vice President | The Boeing Company
- Orme is an early pioneer of additive manufacturing whose work has resulted in 15 U.S. patents. Her research and technology developments have received international recognition and numerous awards. As an author and technical advisor, she serves on several advisory and professional committees for additive manufacturing and aerospace. She is responsible for continuing to grow and scale Boeing’s additive manufacturing capabilities and helping to rapidly expand understanding of the unique features that 3D printing can bring to Boeing factories and production lines.
Director of Additive Manufacturing | Eaton Aerospace
- Mike joined Eaton Aerospace in May of 2016 as director of additive mfg. (AM). He was the architect for building the program that achieved its first commercial flight of an aluminum AM component within two years of starting the effort. The program now has 18 awarded metal AM components spanning 12 programs across Commercial Aerospace, Military, Space and Aftermarket applications. He has established a global team of dedicated AM professionals who drive the identification and development of AM applications across the business.
Head of Manufacturing | Launcher
- Tim Berry’s experience merges rapid, low-cost aerospace production with innovative, high-volume metal 3D printing and launch vehicle and crew-rated spacecraft integration. During his 8+ year career at SpaceX, he has served as Manager of Additive Manufacturing, SpaceX Dragon Crew and Cargo Integration Supervisor, and SpaceX Falcon 9 Stage 2 Lead.
Vice President of Business Development | Relativity Space
- Josh is the Vice President of Business Development at Relativity Space, leading all the company’s business development and customer mission management efforts. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace manufacturing, Relativity is a vertically integrated technology platform that fuses 3D printing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics, to design, print and fly entirely 3D-printed rockets with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days.
RAPID + TCT 2022 Main Stage Speakers | Day 2
Keynote | 8:30 AM
Industrializing Metal Additive: Evolution and Change within Aerospace Manufacturing
- Utilizing additive manufacturing within the traditional manufacturing-based culture of aerospace.
Manufacturing Chief Engineer | Honeywell Aerospace
- Brian is passionate about shedding light on evolution and change within aerospace manufacturing through the industrialization of metal AM.
Thought Leadership Panel | 1:00 PM
Let's Make a Deal - IPOs, SPACs, Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2021 was an exceptional year for IPOs, SPACs, and industry consolidation. Investment Bankers, Equity Research Analysts, Private Equity and SPAC investors discuss valuations and exit strategies.
Managing Director | Lake Street Capital Markets
- Troy serves as a Senior Research Analyst with expertise in high-growth technology stocks. He has over two decades of equity research experience following sectors such as 3D printing, unmanned aircraft, robotics, optical components, networking equipment, and RFID. Before joining Lake Street, Troy was a Senior Research Analyst at Piper Sandler for 15 years. He also worked at ThinkEquity Partners and RBC Capital Markets.
Managing Director | Stifel
- Stephen is a Managing Director and Co-Head of the Electronics & Industrial Technology team within Stifel’s Global Technology Group. He has over 20 years of investment banking experience and he advises clients within the 3D printing, digital manufacturing, factory, warehouse automation, digital and packaging print, technology reseller, integration, and distribution sectors.
Vice President | CORE Industrial Partners
- Mason Sandy supports transaction execution, structuring, financing, development of investment theses and sourcing new investment opportunities. He primarily focuses on investments in the manufacturing and industrial technology sectors, with key verticals including precision manufacturing, rapid prototyping, additive manufacturing, and automation & robotics.
Managing Director | STS Capital Partners
- Shamil Hargovan is an entrepreneur, CEO, and brand leader who has experience building award-winning products and services, consumer devices, and B2B platforms that have generated over $4B in direct revenues. He is a featured speaker and thought leader in the areas of industry 4.0, blended physical-digital experiences, and the future of retail and ecommerce. At STS Capital Partners, Hargovan leads sell-side M&A deals supporting business owners and founders on their strategic exit.
RAPID + TCT 2022 Main Stage Speakers | Day 3
Keynote| 8:30 AM
Additive in Medical: Is reality catching up to the promise?
- Why now is the time for additive in medical: how we got here, what’s happening now, and where we are headed in the next decade.
Caralynn Collens, M.D.
CEO | Dimension Inx
- Caralynn is passionate about building teams and organizations that harness technology to drive transformational change and improve the quality of people’s lives. Previously as the co-founder and CEO of UI LABS, a first-of-its-kind technology organization focused on the digital future of industries, she built the organization from concept in late 2011 through launch in 2014, raising $200M+ in investment and ultimately spinning out two business units as independent entities (MxD Digital Manufacturing Institute and City Tech Collaborative) in 2019.
Thought Leadership Panel | 1:00 PM
If you don't measure it, how can you sell it? The Importance of 3D Scanning to AM.
- The importance of 3D Scanning and metrology as vital tools in support of additive manufacturing—including best practices and current trends.
Commercial Business Manager | Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Giles is a recognized subject matter expert and communicator in the field of 3D Metrology and 3D Scanning. He is the Commercial Business Manager for Structured Light Scanning at Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence and an Adviser to the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
CEO | Direct Dimensions, Inc.
- Michael spent 10 years at Lockheed Martin as an engineer responsible for solving aerostructures manufacturing quality problems. He co-developed the FaroArm portable CMM and became the world’s first user. In 1995, he founded Direct Dimensions, Inc.
General Manager | Pinnacle Industrial X-Ray Laboratory, Inc
- Jake specializes in Industrial Digital Radiography (DR) and Computed Tomography (CT). He is experienced in applications/correlation studies and volumetric analysis via Volume Graphics and has unique insight into the processes and procedures required to qualify parts for critical applications. He is heavily involved in the aerospace, space, hypersonic, automotive, medical and forensics industries at Pinnacle.
Manager of Application Engineering & Strategic Technical Alliances | Oqton
Gregory George is Chief Dynamic Quality Paradigm Integration Facilitator Synergist of strategic alliances and directives for optimization Liaison and Accountability at Oqton. He has been accountable to the mission critical 3D Scanning and Engineering market for over 17 years. In his current integration, he is a liaison for implementing the Oqton Geomagic software strategy and their ascension in the market.
CEO | 3D Infotech
- Rohit Khanna is one of the world's leading authorities on the automation of 3D Scanning. Rohit worked in the early days of scanned point cloud processing with Imageware, Seimens and EON Reality before forming his own company, 3D Infotech, specializing in the Automation of Laser and Structured light sensors on Robots and Cobots.
Click here to view the full lineup of RAPID + TCT 2022 speakers.If you want to witness the next level of AM at RAPID + TCT 2022, register here. Click that link to save $100 and receive a free Expo Pass providing access to all exhibits, special presentations, keynotes, thought leadership panels, networking events and more.