Exhibitor Innovation Award
The RAPID + TCT Innovation Award recognizes the most innovative new products or services exhibited at RAPID + TCT that are judged to have the greatest potential impact on the industry. Finalists will be notified during the first day of RAPID + TCT so that they can display “RAPID + TCT Innovation Award Finalist” ribbons in their booths. The winning exhibitor will be notified and presented with the award during the second day of RAPID + TCT.
Deadline: April 1, 2020
- The SME Additive Manufacturing (AM) Community will review all entry forms received and will select semi-finalists prior to RAPID + TCT.
- SME AM Community judges will visit the semi-finalists during the first day of the RAPID + TCT exposition to interview the appointed company representatives and to review the entries.
- Finalists will be notified and presented with “RAPID + TCT Innovation Award Finalist” ribbons by the end of the first day of RAPID + TCT.
- A committee of judges consisting of SME AM Community members as well as outside independent judges will convene on the 2nd day of the event to select and announce the winning entry.
- The SME AM Community judges commit to non-disclosure and confidentiality of submitted information prior to RAPID + TCT.
The RAPID + TCT 2019 Exhibitor Innovation Award winner was Digital Alloys: Joule Printing.
- Digital Alloys: Digital Alloys have presented a completely new and innovative method for printing net-shape metal parts. The “Joule Printing” technology is extraordinarily fast, uses welding wire feedstock, and produces dense parts from a variety of metals. These characteristics suggest that this technology is poised to directly address the critical economic and throughput barriers seen in metal AM. For its innovative solution and its potential to have a large impact on the AM market, this technology was chosen as the winner of the 2019 Exhibitor Innovation Award.
Rapidia: 3D metal printer using water-based metal paste
- Rapidia: Rapidia’s new metal 3D printer uses water-based metal paste as a feedstock in its extrusion-based printing process. The use of an aqueous suspension means that the printed parts do not need a polymer debinding step, and can proceed directly from the printer to the sintering furnace for densification, which saves significant time in completing the final part. Rapidia’s technology was chosen as a semi-finalist for its low-cost, office-friendly metal printing solution.
Formalloy: Alloy Development and Gradient Material Powder Feeder
- Formalloy: Formalloy’s Alloy Development Feeder enables rapid deposition of 16 different alloys or alloy blends in Directed Energy Deposition (DED) systems. Utilizing a revolver style motion, each powder vial can be accessed and deposited quickly and efficiently to significantly reduce time needed for alloy development. In addition to new alloy development, the feeders can be used to precisely deposit gradient materials on a layer-by-layer basis, enabling 64 various alloy compositions for a producing functionally gradient components.
People’s Choice at RAPID + TCT
- The People’s Choice award will be determined by popular vote of RAPID + TCT attendees during show days (exhibitors excluded).
- This exhibitor award is intended to recognize the winning exhibit for being interactive, technically and aesthetically impressive, and visually appealing and engaging.
- RAPID + TCT attendees will be able to vote for their favorite booth using the RAPID + TCT Mobile App.
The RAPID + TCT 2019 People’s Choice Award winner was Desktop Metal.