From a global perspective, post build heat treatments vary when comparing printed components using Ni718 material when in Europe and when in North America. This presentation will compare the mechanical property results of 718 when tested in the HIP versus Non- HIP condition.
This presentation will show specimens in the following conditions of heat treat
- With Stress Relieve
- With Stress Relieve and HIP
- With Stress Relieve and HIP and Solution
- With Stress Relieve and HIP and Solution and Age
The lack of material property data is a major reason for companies not employing or implementing additive technology. Some companies / government agencies are nervous about using multiple technologies.
This presentation will compare Ni718 specimens produced by SLM Solutions and tested by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) and specimens produced by SLM Solutions and tested by Miami University (Ohio). Some specimens were printed by SLM Solutions and tested by Element Laboratories.
SLM Solutions is collaborating with universities and research institutions across the globe to obtain un- biased testing results that can be shared with the general manufacturing public.
Today the Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Agency demand performance-based data derived from testing. This presentation will provide such data and make it available to the public at no cost.
The data will not only compare vertical and horizontal specimens, but all specimens printed with single and multiple lasers.
- Understand the importance of post build heat treatments
- Audience can make a business decision on which heat treat is best for their application
- Audience will be able to understand how HIP technology and how other heat treat technologies work